Adventure Academy employs filtering software to help prevent inappropriate chat. The chances of players circumventing our filters are highly unlikely. Additionally, our proactive live moderation team diligently updates the filters to stay one step ahead, preventing any violations.
A player can tell immediately when they are trying to send a message which violates our rules because the message will turn red and it will not be sent to another player. This is our first 'warning.' They need to either change the topic of conversation or leave the chat altogether. When a player persists in trying to circumvent the filter, our live moderation team is alerted.
Some examples as to why a player can be muted are:
- Attempting to bypass the Chat filter.
- Attempting to exchange personal information such as age, grade, full name, phone number, address, email, school name, and social media usernames.
- Attempting to exchange usernames for online games other than Adventure Academy.
- Vulgar, violent, or otherwise inappropriate language.
- Bullying, harassing, and trolling other players.
- Impersonating a Community Moderator or employee of Adventure Academy.
- Chatting about topics that are not considered appropriate for all age groups (3rd grade to 8th grade). Chat should be used to play and learn with other players. However, Adventure Academy is not a place to discuss personal topics such as family turmoil and self-harm.
- If you are in crisis, please reach out to the proper resources for support. To speak with someone at the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, please dial: 1-800-273-8255, or visit http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
Our chat filter detects actual words, alternative spellings, acronyms, slang, and similar components that may violate our chat Rules. Please know, depending on the number of offenses a players has, the chat feature can be muted anywhere from 5 minutes to 60 minutes during play time. Repeated attempts to communicate filtered chat, or attempts to bypass the filter will result in a player having their Chat restricted by a Community Moderator.
Depending on the severity of the violation and prior chat history, a player’s Chat may be restricted at the discretion of moderators during play time. We also reserve the right to adjust Chat privileges to Limited Chat, or No Chat. Under special circumstances, we may also request parents and caregivers contact us regarding their child's Chat violation and status.
In addition to automated content-filters, Adventure Academy employs a team of Community Moderators who review potentially inappropriate chat and take action on players.
Please review the rules of Adventure Academy.
If there is conflict with another player, the Block feature may be used to avoid further conflict.
For mutes lasting more than 60 minutes, you may need to reach out to our Customer Care team.