While Adventure Academy was produced by Age of Learning, the same company that brought you ABCmouse, it is not directly associated with ABCmouse. Adventure Academy is the continuation product for kids ranging from ages 8 to 13.
The Adventure Academy curriculum emphasizes key topics such as reading comprehension, vocabulary development, mathematical operations, fractions, world geography, American history, physical science, life science, earth science, and scientific inquiry.
Adventure Academy includes these key features:
- It provides thousands of learning activities across hundreds of topics, including curriculum-based games, books, a wide range of other types of reading materials, educational videos, and additional interactive experiences addressing all major academic domains.
- It helps build critical knowledge and skills in language arts, math, science, social studies, and more.
- Science content on Adventure Academy: We follow the guidelines of various national science standards as developed by organizations such as AAAS, the National Research Council, and the National Science Teachers Association. In addition, we have reviewed dozens of state science standards for the elementary grades to make sure that our content matches or exceeds what they have identified as critical science content.
- It includes hundreds of hours of educational interaction and gameplay, with hundreds of additional hours to be added in the near future.
- Learners create Avatars to explore an ever-expanding world and complete learning Quests to unlock new zones and interact with other learners.
- Learners have the same engaging experience across all viable platforms—compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers—with the ability for up to three kids in the same household to play simultaneously within the same account with individual profiles.
- It’s a subscription-based service with no advertising or in-app purchases.
- It includes safe social elements that enable players to interact with other learners in-game, including filtered chat functionality. Parents/caregivers control the level of interaction their kids have with other learners through this filtered chat and can block all in-game communication if desired.
The open-world environment keeps older kids engaged and promotes independence while learning and playing. Rewards encourage them to complete more Quests and advance their level to unlock more activities and environments throughout the program.
What devices should I use with Adventure Academy?
Please see the following article to find a list of the minimum device requirements needed to access Adventure Academy: