Adventure Academy does not host any in-app purchases requiring real money. All currency used by players is found and accumulated within the game.
Adventure Academy operates with five different types of currencies that the player will be able to collect and use to purchase various items as they advance.
Coins - the base currency
- Earned: Coins are typically earned when completing quests, games, activities, etc. A player may also earn coins by selling items to stores/other players.
- Spent: Coins are used at all of the traditional stores in Adventure Academy. (Marketplace/Academy Shops) Coins may also be required to engage in some activities, such as the Wishing well or purchasing a Club.
- Earned: Challenge Gems are awarded for completion of a Daily Challenge.
- Spent: Challenge Gems can only be used to purchase items from the Challenge Store. Gems cannot be traded to other players.
- Earned: The player will receive an Honor Credits at level 30 and each level after.
- Spent: Honor Credits can only be spent on items at the Honor Society store. Honor Credit cannot be traded to other players.
- Earned: Tickets are earned by playing the mini-games along the Pier boardwalk.
- Spent: Tickets may be used to purchase prizes from the prize booth.