Intellipet Adventures is a new game mode contained in Adventure Academy. It combines learning and adventure in a new area called Astraland for players to explore! A game of Intellipet Adventures can have 1-20 players.
In Intellipet Adventures, players will be introduced to the inhabitants of Astraland: Furopians and Starlings.
- Furopians are the NPCs (non-player characters) that players can speak to and get Quests from.
- Starlings are creatures that Furopians and players can have as Pets. They love to explore new things with curious students and play Knowledge Battles.
Players can do the following in Intellipet Adventures:
- Knowledge Battles
- Encounter learning moments through exploring Astraland's environment
- Quests (specific to Astraland)
- Have Starling companions to journey with them
Is there a way to learn while navigating Astraland?
Yes! As players navigate through Astraland, encountering certain aspects of the game environment will provide them with learning moments.
For example, if a player happens upon a waterfall during their exploration, a pop-up learning moment will appear with text and accompanying audio to provide the player with information on how waterfalls are formed.
In addition, while exploring Astraland players can take part in Knowledge Battles! During Knowledge Battles, players will be presented with educational questions to answer. Players can initiate Knowledge Battles with a Starling, be challenged to a Knowledge Battle by a Starling, or need to complete a Knowledge Battle for a Quest.
For more information on Knowledge Battles, please see the following article:
How can Intellipet Adventures be accessed?
Players can access Intellipet Adventures in two ways:
- Interacting with any of the portals in Academia
- Via the Intellipet Adventures icon in the Games Menu
To access Intellipet Adventures via a portal in Academia:
- Navigate to one of the portals in Academia.
- Click/tap the portal.
To access Intellipet Adventures via the Games Menu:
- Select the Games icon.
- Once the Games Menu appears, select the Quick Game button in the Intellipet Adventures panel.
Is there a way to see what areas there are in Intellipet Adventures?
Yes! A Map is available which shows players the entire area, significant location markers, plus their current location and that of NPCs.
To access the Map, follow the steps below:
- Select the Map icon in the upper left corner.
Are there any items I can collect in Intellipet Adventures?
Yes! Currently, there are two items that players can collect in Intellipet Adventures as they explore Astraland:
- Gems (specific to Astraland)
The Coins scattered throughout Astraland are the exact same Coins used in Academia, which are the base type of currency. Any Coins that a player collects from Astraland will automatically be added to their current amount of Coins.
The Gems scattered throughout Astraland are not the same as the Gems in Academia, as they have different appearances. Additionally, Astraland's Gems are not a form of currency, but a fun collectable item for adventurous players to collect as they explore Astraland.
How do I exit Intellipet Adventures?
To exit Intellipet Adventures, follow the steps below:
- Select the Back button in the upper left corner.
- Select Leave.