We mute players for reasons relating to the safety of individuals and the community on Adventure Academy. Some examples as to why a player can be muted are:
- Attempting to bypass the Chat filter.
- Attempting to exchange personal information such as age, grade, full name, phone number, address, email, school name, and social media usernames.
- Attempting to exchange usernames for online-games other than Adventure Academy.
- Vulgar, violent, or otherwise inappropriate language.
- Bullying, harassing, and trolling other players.
- Impersonating a Community Moderator or employee of Adventure Academy.
- Chatting about topics that are not considered appropriate for all age groups (3rd grade to 8th grade). Chat should be used to play and learn with other players. However, Adventure Academy is not a place to discuss personal topics such as family turmoil and self-harm.
If you are in crisis, please reach out to the proper resources for support. To speak with someone at the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, please dial: 1-800-273-8255, or visit http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Our chat system utilizes automated content-filters which are especially strict when it detects words and phrases that may violate our chat rules. Repeated attempts to communicate filtered chat, or attempts to bypass the filter will result in a player having their chat restricted by a Community Moderator.
Depending on the severity of the violation and prior chat history, a player’s chat may be restricted at the discretion of moderators during play time. We also reserve the right to adjust chat privileges to Quick Chat, or No Chat.
In addition to automated content-filters, Adventure Academy employs a team of Community Moderators who review potentially inappropriate chat and take action on players.
Please review the rules of Adventure Academy.
If you are having conflict with another player, you may use the Block feature to avoid further conflict.
Please sign in to leave a comment.